The Parish of Dodford
with Grafton lies some three miles west of Bromsgrove and displays the
essential characteristics of the Chartist village that came into existence in
1849. More than half of the properties were built before 1900 and a number of
these are 'listed' buildings within a Conservation Area. The oldest remains are
of a priory, founded in the 12th century, now incorporated in a Tudor House
situated in Priory Road.
Grafton Manor, a hotel with a history stretching back 700 years, lies on the southern edge of the Parish. One of the listed buildings, a Chartist bungalow named Rosedene, was recently purchased by the National Trust and opened on a restricted usage for educational visits.
The present church in Priory Road, Holy Trinity and St.
Mary, was completed in 1908 and features woodwork and plasterwork in the Arts
and Crafts style and stonework embellished by the Bromsgrove Guild.